For those who suffer from Restless Legs Syndrome, it can be difficult to sleep, and sleep deprivation can lead to all kinds of other woes. Improving your habits around sleep time can be beneficial.
- Avoid caffeine, alcohol and cigarettes before bedtime.
- Eat less sugar as a matter of course but particularly in the 3-4 hours leading to bedtime.
- Try to set your bedtime to the same time each night.
- Avoid computers, phones, tablets and other screens 2-3 hours before you go to bed.
- Make your bedroom quiet, dark and cool.
- Make sure you get a bit of exercise in your day, even a 20-minute walk, but it's best to keep it to the early part of the day, not late afternoon or evening.
- Yoga can help.
Our beautiful sleep oils can help you to create a restful environment for sleep. Choose from Ultimate Sleep Blend Essential Oil which you can use in an oil burner, diffuser or bath water; Sleep Night Oil for Pulse Points which you can rub on the soles of your feet or around your temples; and Pillow Spray which you simply spritz over your pillow, sheets and pyjamas.